Sewing For Hire
Professional sewing for all your sewing projects.
Prices below are starting prices. Some garments or projects are more complex than others. For example, making a wedding dress vs. a pencil skirt. Because each project is unique, I will let you know what to expect financially so you can decide if you want to continue.
Depending on the scale and scope of the project a deposit may be required to start.
Rush Jobs can be accommodated and will be bid according to client needs and deadline.
Custom made items, fit to your body or other specifications-$25.hr
- Shorten sleeves on a dress shirt: $15.
- Shorten sleeves on a jacket: $15 (without buttons) to $20 (with buttons).
- Take in the body of a jacket: $40 (two seams) to $45 (three seams).
- Take in a dress shirt: $20.
- Adjust the shoulders of a jacket: $35.
- Hem a skirt or a dress: $20.
- Hem a pair of jeans or pants: $15.
- Take in a sheath dress: $30.
Formal Dress Fittings: most simple prom dress size change typically cost $25-$30 and more elaborate prom dress alterations with bead work start at $30
Custom Draperies and Roman Shades
- Roman Shades labor starting at $125 for windows up to 50" wide . This includes all hardware and lining but not fashion fabric.
- Draperies start at $95 per 54" panel for pleated drapes.
Custom Cushions and Pillows
- Zippered cushion without piping are $1.75 per inch measured on the single largest side of the cushion, not including foam insert and fabric.
- Zippered cushion with piping are $2 per inch measured on the single largest side of the cushion, not including foam insert and fabric
- to add an additional layer of polywrap $.25 per inch
Since each order is custom made per your specifications, contact me for a quote for fabric and sizes suitable for your home.
Downtown San Luis Obispo